Most of those behind Ahvaz terrorist attack arrested: intelligence chief

Iran's Khamenei says the attackers were paid by Saudis and UAE

After attack in Iran, the US offers a muted response

Iran has criticized the Netherlands, Denmark and Britain for hosting "members of the terrorist group" which it says carried out Saturday's shooting at a military parade in the south of the country.

A deadly terrorist attack Saturday on a military parade in Ahvas, Iran, ratcheted up tensions between the country and its Arab neighbors, leading for calls of retribution even as confusion grew over responsibility for the violence.

The deputy head of the Revolutionary Guards accused Saudi Arabia, Israel and the United States of masterminding the attack and promised they would face repercussions.

'You have seen our revenge before.

"This cowardly act was the work of those very individuals who are rescued by the Americans whenever they are in trouble and who are funded by the Saudis and the (United) Arab Emirates", Khamenei's official Twitter account quoted him as saying.

"It is unacceptable that these groups are not considered to be terrorist groups by the European Union provided they do not commit acts of terror in Europe", Iranian foreign ministry spokesperson Bahram Qasemi said.

Tiger Woods wins again
He fired a 62 earlier this month and has also done enough to force himself into the U.S. team for next week's Ryder Cup. You really need to see it to believe it. 'I think they understand a little bit of what dad does now, ' Woods said.

According to Reuters, four militants dressed as soldiers fired into the crowd during the parade in the city of Ahvaz.

The Islamic State (IS) on Sunday released a video portraying three men in a vehicle who were allegedly on their way to attack a military parade in Iran's Khuzestan province, which resulted in the death of at least 25 individuals.

Mohammad Jokar, the deputy IRGC chief for parliamentary affairs, also said on Monday that response to terrorists involved in the attack will definitely make them "repent".

"We will kill them with a guerilla attack, inshallah".

There has been a blizzard of furious statements from top Iranian officials, including President Hassan Rouhani, accusing Iran's adversaries the USA and Gulf states of provoking the bloodshed and threatening a tough response.

The victims were primarily members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard.

Trump says Kavanaugh allegations 'totally political'
Taylor Foy, a Judiciary spokesman, complained that Democrats "actively withheld information" from the Republicans. Kavanaugh has denied the new charge and called it "a smear, plain and simple".

He also said USA sanctions against Iran were illegal and President Donald Trump was using them as a tool for "personal revenge".

The accusation will nearly certainly antagonise Iran's regional foe Saudi Arabia.

The intelligence minister, Mahmoud Alavi, said a large network of suspects had already been arrested in connection with the attack, the judiciary's news agency Mizan reported.

The Guard Corps was set up after the 1979 Islamic revolution to protect the Shi'ite clerical ruling system and revolutionary values. Though many are expecting a tense reception from the American leader, Trump has suggested he would be open to meeting Rouhani on the sidelines of the United Nations events.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, meanwhile, ordered the country's security forces to identify those behind the attack, according to the semi-official ISNA news agency, and warned of an aggressive response.

The Revolutionary Guard is a paramilitary force answerable only to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Paul Pogba slams Manchester United attitude
United ended their weekend match with Wolves 1-1 at home, putting another dent in their hopes of chasing the Premier League crown this season.

Latest News